1. A new flat storage building, approximately 450’ x 170’, designed to hold 80,000
short tons of cement. Inside the building is an overhead conveyor system to distribute the cement plus two IBAU recovery systems to convey the cement to the load out silos.
2. Two 1800 ton cement silos with scales, lump grinders and dust free load out
3. A 225 ton per hour rated Docksider barge unloader capably of conveying cement
from hopper barges to the load out silos and the flat storage building.
4. Partial ownership of a common conveyor belt system, rated at 600 tons per hour,
from a 40’ draft dock to the flat storage building conveyor system.
5. Two new moving cement unloading hoppers over the common conveyor, plus two new cement grabs used for unloading bulk cement from ships.
6. A new wheel loader for recovery of cement inside the building to the IBAU pumps.
These fixed assets are located on a 4.6 acre leased site within a privately owned,
non-union, bulk material handling terminal in the Port of Galveston, TX. This terminal has rail access and serviced by the UP and BNSF railroads. Domestic cement can be received and imported cement can be railed out of Galveston.
The long term lease, up to 30 years including option extensions, is between the
owner of the 160 acre site, Sultex, and the company. This lease costs the
company $500,000 per year. Access to the 40’ draft dock is included and free of
wharfage. The company has the exclusive right to import Ordinary Portland
Cement at this terminal.
Stevedoring at this terminal is handled by Associated Terminals, a professional
stevedore with cement handling experience based in Louisiana. A long term material
handling agreement is in-place between Associated Terminals and the company. The stevedore unloads cement, conveys the cement to the silos or flat storage building,
recovers the cement and loads customer’s trucks for $9.25 per ton from ships and $4.65 per ton from barges. Reductions in this rate occur after reaching 300,000 short tons per year.
信息来源：shuini.biz 时间：2008-05-30 浏览次数：1111